Some treatment options:
• Strengthening and therapeutic exercise programs
• Mobility and flexibility improvement
• Improvements in muscle imbalances and alignment
• Balance retraining and movement coordination
• Manual therapy – intervention to reduce pain and stiffness
• Electrical modalities such as TENS (electrical nerve stimulation) or ultrasound
• Gait retraining and general conditioning regimes
• Acupuncture – some physiotherapists are trained to use this technique to help alleviate your pain
Physiotherapists are primary care practitioners offering direct access to physiotherapy services without the need for physician referral. It’s important to note that some extended health insurance plans require a physician’s referral in order to reimburse you for claims.
Physiotherapy services may also be obtained through private means, where available.